Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Introduction to the Blog

First of all, let me say that these journaling tips will not go in order. As Mari states in the introduction to this journal she has created, "My favorite way is to close my eyes and flip through the pages and open to the exact Journaling Tips page that I was supposed to land on!" Well, you know what? That's my favorite way too. So, let me explain how this blog came to be.

Tonight, I was writing my ninth daily journal entry. I had promised myself that if I wrote in my diary for 7 days straight, I would use one of Mari's 85 journaling tips to help boost my journaling. Well, I kind of missed the 7th day mark by two days (I wrote very sparse journal entries those days), but I'm ready to use a journaling tip now! As I was writing about this in my diary, I was struck by the sudden desire to share my responses to these journal entries with the journaling community. As those who know me are well aware--I love to blog. I have had several in my time, and I believe this is the third or fourth that I have started this year alone. Considering we haven't even finished January yet, I would say even I'm surprised with just how much I've been wanting to blog.

Yet, each blog I've started has a specific theme. For example, I have a blog regarding my story-writing as I attempt to trek my way to becoming a published author in June. That's right, June. Check that blog out here if you're interested in supporting me on my journey. Another blog I have is similar to a diary. I have a feeling that I will be deleting that one soon as it is quite personal. This one is also, but it's personal in a different manner.
Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick informational notice to this blog before I begin my journal through Mari's journal that she so kindly sent me. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will do so often as I travel through these journal tips once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment